Isn't it encouraging to know that you are God's masterpiece and and that He has created you to join Him in making an eternal difference. One of the many reasons I love the church!
This week we continue to talk about why we love by discovering that the church is a family and Ephesians 2:19 reminds us of this fact.
We had hoped to launch LVC Community Groups this fall but hurricane Irma had other plans. So we have had to step back and reorganize and come up with a slightly different plan. So we are wanting to launch LVC Groups on Sunday nights from 5pm to 7pm starting on Sunday, October 15th and running for five consecutive weeks. We will be diving into a 5-week series called Wiser Together. Over these five weeks we will discover the importance of living together in community. We will begin with a covered dish dinner at 5pm and then we will have a large group gathering and then break out into small groups at tables. We will have programming for children. This Sunday we will begin sign-ups for LVC Groups.
Right now here are some upcoming events at LVC:
1. Please remember to sign up to volunteer for the Pumpkin Patch. Signing up is so easy. Simply click on this link: http://signup.com/go/AyUbGsM and pick the days and times you want to sign up for. If you need help please call the church office. It will take all of us to make this happen.
2. Candy, Candy, Candy. We are collecting candy for our Pumpkin Festival on October 21st. If you wouldn't mind bringing in a few bags of candy with you on Sunday you can put them in the bins located at the Welcome Tables.
3. Ministry Team Gathering. For everyone that is currently serving on a ministry team are invited to join us for our next Ministry Team Gathering on Thursday, October 12th at 7pm in the Conference Room.
4. United Methodist Women Update: Two opportunities just around the corner. On September 30th from 9am to 2pm all women are invited to the District UMW meeting in Bartow. Please contact Pam Hoepner for details. Second, our next regular UMW meeting is Saturday, October 7th from 10am to 12pm in the Conference Room.
5. We will be hosting our Family Promise guests on October 8th - 15th. If you would like to participate by spending the night, providing a meal or helping setting up or taking down please contact Beth Pinson at 813-389-9641.
Let us continue to pray for the victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and surrounding areas. I hope that you will plan to be a part of LVC Community Groups this fall. Have a great weekend and I look forward to worshipping with you this Sunday.